heart

Monday, July 22, 2013

Home owners 3 week update



I can't believe we have owned our house for 3 weeks! Its probably because we have only lived here 1..... We were able to FINALY get into the house and start painting July 7. My parents had come up for the weekend to help, thinking we were going to get in Saturday, so we were disappointed that we couldn't get in and so we couldn't get as much done over the weekend. All week long we were at the new house painting. Mike's mom and sister were able to help too. It was a slow process, yes I am aware that choosing 20 different colors, many of them very bright, would take longer. But OMG is it worth it. *I will do before and after pictures after we get stuff put away*

We worked until midnight or later most nights, and by Friday most was done, everything that was left was just 2nd coats. *except the bathroom & kitchen upper part that would need a 3rd* Mike's sister in law Bridget was able to come over Friday and do some of the kitchen cleaning, thank goodness she did the fridge....I hate cleaning the fridge haha

We moved Saturday July 13. We had all of our stuff moved in about 4 hours. Mike, Jon (his brother), Dan (our 13th street neighbor) and Jarod(friend) worked crazy fast, while I packed up the kitchen and my parents and Mikes mom were at the house finishing painting, and doing some cleaning. We had locked the pets in one of the bedrooms in the apartment and would go back later for them. The rest of the day we worked on cleaning and setting up stuff we had to have for the week. When we went back for the animals we had a couple things to put out on the curb as garbage / someone's treasure. We didn't even have all the pieces for the dressers out and 2 guys showed up wanting them. The cats were NOT happy with us, I made them even more mad by putting them each in a pet taxi. Bernie was surprisingly mellow on the ride over and when we let him out, of course he went to hide. Rocky on the other hand, cried the whole drive...AND PEED! Thank goodness he was in his pet taxi, it was all over in there, and all over him...yuck. He got a sponge bath outside as soon as we got there. Munch didn't seem to care.

Sunday my parents and I spent a ton of time at Menards picking out new light fixtures for the basement. Most of them down there were just bare bulbs. One bedroom had the florescent tube light and of course I smashed the heck out of it. I will work on picking out new lights for upstairs as they come on sale. (lets face it, Mike wont care what it looks like as long as I can get a good deal on it) Sunday night after my parents left I had to get the basement put away and daycare set up....kids would be here in the morning!

I am happy to say that all animals are adjusting and settling in. Munch has some trouble with the linoleum on the steps. I think they are too slick and his legs are too short. He looks like he is tripping the whole way down.

Monday the 15th we had the locks changed and cable set up. I have been working on procrastinating unpacking. We have had some not so great things happen already. On the 17th the AC went out. But it was an "easy fix" according to the repair guy. <who I would highly recommend> But Saturday (20th) morning, while multi tasking laundry, unpacking, cleaning and getting ready for my parents arrival....the floor drain in the laundry room backed up, followed by the shower not draining later while I was in there. We put a bunch of draino in them but it didn't seem to take care of the problem, so rotorooter will be her this morning.... OH THE JOYS OF HOMEOWENERSHIP.... **I still wouldn't trade it for renting**

Daycare kids didn't really notice the change I don't think, but have been loving the yard!

We had decided we needed a king size bed, it has been amazing!

One of my wonderful daycare families got us a house warming gift! he lights up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment