Photo of our key and new address stamp
Well we figured on top of wedding stuff, daycare and farming, why not add some more craziness?! So we decided to buy a house. We didn't tell a lot of people out plan, because it was very hectic. We first started talking about buying because starting a family in our 2 bedroom apartment, that really is a one bedroom because the second if full of daycare, would be impossible. Second, I am sick of listening to the people above us stomp around all the time, have to squish in dog poo when we cut the grass and deal with all of the things in this place that have been neglected. Third, the landlord had decided to sell; I was shocked. I have been here on 13th street for 8 years and never has he mentioned selling. I was afraid that whoever bought the place would raise the rent, have a problem with daycare and pets....AND I WAS RIGHT.
June 14 the new LL came over with his lease and list of demands, if you will. The most impossible for us to follow were:
*No daycare after July 15
*Get rid of the dog and 1 cat
*Pets would be negotiable pending a $1,200 deposit
*rent would go up to $725 PLUS 40% of the gas bill
At this time we had looked at what felt like a million houses, some had been sold before we looked at them. Others sold on their first showing with full price or above offers. We had also before he took over put an offer in on our house. Now my hopes weren't very high because we were the 10th people to look at it....and it had only been listed about 10 hours.
Luckily she countered our offer at a price we were willing to pay (lets face it we would have paid full price but heck, we wanted a deal)
We originally said to close July 12 or before and she came back with closing the first. *Heck yes* that would work for us, so we could tell this crazy man to stick it! A week or so later she came back and said she wouldn't be able to be out that quick, I didn't really care, as long as we could still close. I was not turning in notice at our rental without the house being ours on paper, officially.
We were able to close July first! After signing a forest worth of papers we went to return the new LL his bogus list of demands and lease <all unsigned> and a check for July 1-15. The women who sold us the house will be out this week. Carpets get cleaned Friday and Saturday starts the overhaul of the walls.
We are painting the whole house before we move in, or at least as much as possible. All of the paint was picked last weekend with the huge help of my dad. Tuesday I gave Jarod (daycare dad, friend and Hirshfield's paint employee) the list of 20 different colors...he wasn't impressed *haha* I can't wait to pick it up.
Saturday we will take our ~official~ SOLD picture and I plan on taking before and after pictures of the whole house and putting them into a blog, and photo book. So if your board this weekend let me know, I am sure we can find a job for you!! ****more homeowner adventures to come****

Congrats guys!!! We are super excited for you!
ReplyDelete