heart

Sunday, October 27, 2013

2 weeks down

   Yes it is hard to believe we have been married for two weeks. I would love to say they have been blissful but that would be a lie... The marriage part, yes couldn't have been better, life on the other hand has been not so wonderful.

    Before the wedding my grandparents had been struggling with different health issues, not uncommon for people in their 80's.  My aunt on my mom's side was also having health issues. My aunt is doing much better and so is my grandpa, my grandmother however passed away October 20th. She was a wonderful story teller with an infectious smile, she will be missed by many.

   I had purchased tickets to fly to Great Falls the weekend after our wedding for my cousin's wedding, She had postponed it a few weeks prior to ours because of my aunt (her grandmother's) health. I couldn't change my tickets so went for a family visit. It was wonderful seeing all of my family on my mom's side. I got the news about my grandma early Sunday morning.

    Her funeral was that Wednesday in Billings. My parents had been there since the previous week, making arrangements and being with my grandpa. Her service was beautiful. There was a lot of family there *we really appreciate you all being there and the condolences sent by those who couldn't make it. It was a simple service with reflections and stories shared by those who wanted to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment