heart

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Vacation Day 3 .....Nap time

   Well day 3 was the day we had really been looking forward to, ok so Mike was really looking forward to it, I just thought it would be fun. Deep sea fishing..... was a bust. Not even a nibble. We were all very disappointed but it was still a good day. The beach we left from was packed with all kinds of people and boats.

We met our guide and headed out. All of us were in high hopes and really enjoyed the boat ride for the most part. They let us bait the hooks. My dad and Mark were the only ones that tried. There was no way I was touching that nasty looking thing, and Mike figured he would do it later after we caught some fish.


Mark working the wire through the bait 



Our guide teaching them how to get it on the hook.



Mark and the catch of the day!

         Dad giving it a try








    After we had the lines all ready all we could do was just sit back and wait.....and wait.... and wait. We had all taken Dramamine so we wouldn't get sick, it worked but with the lack of excitement it also knocked us out.  It was a nice boat ride but I wish we could have caught something. My mom and Margaret did a different excursion called Dr. Fish. I was soon wishing I had gone with them. They did pilates, got a massage and pedicure. I don't have any pictures yet from their day but it sounded wonderful. I admit was jealous.  :)



They were excited to catch something....




But our lines never moved
The highlight of the trip was getting to see a killer whale. Unfortunately it was to far off and to fast to get a picture. All in all it was a good day. We got to enjoy the sun, the ocean and each other.When we got back to the resort there were vendors set up all over. I am very happy to say that we found our cake topper! I have been looking for something unique, and had been looking at some clay sculptures but couldn't bring myself to pay $200 plus for it. We plan on using what we found unless we see something that totally blows us away. Even though fishing was a bust the day was a success with being able to check another thing of the wedding to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment