heart

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Vacation Day 6 Going home....

 Well the time had come for our paradise vacation to be over. To make it worse we had to get up at 4:30 Dominican time (2:30 at home). We were all packed up the night before so all we had to go was change and pack our tooth brushes, we called the shuttle and I told Mike to go see if my parents were ready. They had over slept! But were ready on time. The airport was much less crowded this time around, which was nice. We checked in, checked our bags and went to the terminal to wait. Just in time to see the sun coming up. We had a visitor while we waited. There was a very hungry cat there. He enjoyed the checks mix and potato chips we shared with him.


   It was nice that we had to walk outside to bored our flight so we could get one last glimpse of our vacation.... and on to the long day of travel. From the D.R. we flew to Miami, where we claimed our bags and went through customs. I thought we would stand with our bags while they went through them, but nope they took them and we moved on.  I was worried that they would take the sand I had collected, or mess up my strategic plan to keep all of our fragile things safe. From Miami we went to Chicago, where we sat forever. Then on to Fargo. We didn't get in until 9ish ( I think). It made for a long day. We spent the night in Fargo, and am happy to report that when we went through our suitcases everything was safe, and nothing had been confiscated.







  











     Saturday I had an appointment at a bridal salon to try on dresses. My mom and I went, while dad and Mike hit up Scheels.  I found 3 that I really liked, but refuse to pay $1,800 for my wedding dress. So I am hoping I can find something similar for much less. We also went to Michael's and Hobby Lobby in search of flowers. My dad will be putting all of the wedding flowers and most of the decor together. We got a small array of flowers, decided what we were doing for a card box and got the ring bearer box. It was a successful day! We spent forever at Sam's club getting new cell phones. Mike got really bored and set the alarm of when messing with the laptops. It was pretty funny, he was SO red in the face. The drive home seemed to take forever but it was wonderful to pick Munch up from the farm and come home to the cats.
   Vacation was FABULOUS and I can't wait for the next one....... come on Honeymoon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment